Recently I told you I need to rename my web application. And I did.
Remote pairing! This is the new name for the app. It is meant to help connect strangers who want to code something together. They’ll be able to schedule the session using the app. The rest is up to them – how they collaborate, how they call each other, how they share information. You can find more details here and here.
I registered the domain on extension considered as related with IT which is .io.
So the full address is remotepairing.io
Please bear in mind this app is still in progress so it won’t give you any value yet, but the naming is something to consider at the beginning 🙂
The rebranding took me a while actually today, but to be honest I am pleased with today’s performance. I don’t feel I wasted time anywhere there.
There were several tasks to do. Starting from domain registration, through redirections, repository update, this blog update (top bar links, categories), online CI&CD reconfiguration, and finally – code changes. I suspected it would be a big one.
Performing such renaming wouldn’t be really possible without IDEs 😉 about 500 files changed.
I also managed to reconfigure my azure plans to make them affordable for the developer test account. We’ll see in a month if it helps.
Besides old blog posts where I use CodeMate name, I would like to totally get rid of it – and replace it with remote pairing everywhere I can.
If you see the CodeMate string anywhere yet, please let me know, so I could update that.
Thanks![fb_plugin like] [fb_plugin follow href=https://www.facebook.com/codinghappiness/]